Monday, June 21, 2010

I worked in Four Points Hotel!

Beeep beeeeeeeeep...

UPDATES!

19th MELTA INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE was loads of funnnnn! :) Though the first day i was really a multi-tasking chairperson, it was indeed wonderful to help out and something so grand like this! First day, i was the chairperson, then the photographer, and also the person who distributed the hand outs, andddd finally ran back to the microphone to carry out the QNA session. Super girl, indeed! :) I had the chance to meet people from all around the world and that was the coolest thing! :D Apart from that, there's one Iran lady, a very beautiful and soft-spoken lady came up to me, "I've got two questions to ask you." I was kinda shocked. Shouldn't the questions be directed to the presenter? I thought. Then she said, "First is about your kebaya. It's really beautiful and it suits you well. May i know where can i get a set of this?" HAHAHAHAHA... It's an apple green silk kebaya mom gave to me. :) I could see that she was really interested in getting one, so i promised her i would give her the answer and map tomorrow. However, the second day i was sooo busy running here and there again. When i wanted to look for her during the closing ceremony, i couldn't! I scanned around and around, but there was no sign of her. I approached the committees but they just replied, "Forget it, girl. She must have gone back already. It's just a map anyway. There won't be much problem." But i insisted! Hey, a promise is a promise. I never liked to break any promise. (Well, sometimes, i have to. I know. But if possible, wouldn't it be better to prevent a promise from broken?) At that time i was running around with the map searching for that Iran lady from the leaving crowd. Dad was there to pick me up but i told him i gotta find her. Dad didn't stop me. Instead, he went around with me. Come to think of it, my daddy is indeed a lot better than the adults who asked me to give up. So i went down to the reception counter. This is the last place i could find her. So i went there to check if the lady stays in Four Points Hotel. While waiting for my turn in the queue, dad asked me, "Want a sweet?" Then he gave me a sweet. :') After checking with the counter, they said the lady didn't stay in the hotel. I left out a sigh, told myself, i've tried, there's nothing much i could do now. Just when i turned back and wanted to leave the hotel, the Iran lady entered from the hotel lobby door. I was so overjoyed and rushed to her to pass her the map. She felt so grateful too. You know, it was really a wonderful thing that i kept my promise! :)

And not forgetting, my daddy! :) He was there, with me. :) That's why Mdm Angie said my dad is a sweet dad. Well, HE IS! :D

But then when i came home, aiyah, my little gracie spoiled my lappy. T.T So that's why, "A very good but not a very good day." And that's also why the update of MELTA International Conference was delayed. Cuz i didn't have the familiar set ups to use. =/

Okay, then another interesting thing was, i met an author! I bought his book and got his autograph! FIRST TIME in my life! :) In the workshop he conducted, he asked us to write something associated with feelings, emotions, or anything from a single object. My favourite writing type. haha. I chose 'Photo frame'. I wasn't given a lot of time so i just quickly wrote one. He read it and nodded his head, then looked at me with a smile. You know what, perhaps one day i should write. :) hahaha.

Besides that, another one is about the lucky draw prize. I was writing my name to be put into a big bowl for lucky draw with Fiona and one of my lecturer, Miss Yus. Then before i put in, i said, "I've sprinkled some magic lucky dust." Miss Yus said it's no use. But then in the end, i got one lucky draw prize!!! Hahaha. SO UNBELIEVABLE! I never won anything especially when it comes to lucky draw, guess i wasn't the lucky person. But well, my magic dust worked! After the whole thing ended, i walked out to meet the lecturers. I saw Miss Yus and quickly got up to her and said, "My magic lucky dust worked!" Miss Yus said, "Huh! I don't want to be friend with you." Then i sighed, "But then...i wasn't given a dictionary." Her facial expression changed, "A ha ha ha ha ha..." "Miss Yus!!" haha. It was the wonderful memories too, to draw the lecturers and the students closer, and to foster the relationship. :) Mdm Angie, Mrs Lim, Miss Fraulein and all the other lecturers were so proud of us. :)

Last but not least... THE BUFFET LUNCH at The Eatery Cafe was awesomely satisfying. Ate to our heart content. :) Not bad la, we worked for free, ate for free too! :) Check out my Facebook album to see more photos of the conference, and of course the FOOOOD. :)

The food spelled HEAVEN.

Looked like HEAVEN.

and tasted like HEAVEN.

erm, latest picture of me and my friend. :) My hair is long again. :D

a very lovely effect of flares. :)



There are more photos but the Internet connection was a bit crappy so i gave up uploading.

No comments:

Post a Comment