Monday, January 11, 2010

Growing a little more

Actually i felt the urge of posting this last night, but had to study so couldn't post it. Hmm.

Saturday night. I went to youth to mentor those 'kids'. Nah. Actually i don't have the qualification to call them 'kids'. I'm still one of them! Being a toddler, just started to learn how to walk with God. Lots of things to learn, just like them. The whole night was about "Happiness", err, i would summarize it like that since we didn't have an exact title. Well, i won't say that i am a happy-go-lucky person, or that i am optimistic. Most of the time, what i would do was sighing over the bad things that happened. But that night i realized, if i would count my blessings every time when bad things happen, i would see those bad things as nothing. Really. I have received so many wonderful blessings, gifted talents, or special characteristics which only I have. I'm smart, not a genius, not stupid. I'm pretty, not stunning, not ugly. I'm blessed with gifted talents, not very talented, not without any talents. And many many more wonderful blessings! Sometimes, it is really not necessary to care too much when bad things happened. Of course, we will be emotionally affected, but don't make it sound like it's the end of the world, don't keep the grief long. Let it go and embrace God's blessings.

Then Pastor Bong showed us a short clip on Mr Nick, (http://www.lifewithoutlimbs.org/) the man with no limbs. Yet he's living such a cheerful life, and he's using his life to touch other lives. He's confidently telling people, if i could do it, why can't you? I should be very contented that at least, i still have my limbs. This is how he talked about life.

"It matters how you are going to finish it."
"and i am going to finish it strong."

I was enlightened.


During Sunday's Praise and Worship session, I was touched when i saw Uncle Jimmy, almost crying, when singing one of the song. "Jehovah, You are my God" I wasn't sure what happened, but i felt like crying too.The lyrics, i try to remember as much as i could yea.

耶和华,你是我的神。我要时时称颂你的名。
你是我的盾牌,我所依靠的,有时叫我抬起头的神。
纵然仇敌围绕攻击我,在你怀中必不怕遭害。
你是我的神,我所依靠的,你同在使我全然得胜。


You see, it's just simply so amazing, so wonderful how God touches our lives. We are so weak, but we have God. And through the songs, we sing out our praises for His almighty work, we give thanks to Him for all He has done. And that is why, i would really hope God to use me in this service. I would want to sing His love, as long as i breathe, i want to praise Him, thank Him, tell people about Him. Besides Uncle Jimmy, i saw another old lady, Gracie's friend's grandma i think. When we were singing the last song, i saw her singing with full gratitude. It really touched me how God has changed the life of everyone of us. And the songs that Sunday morning happened to give me strength and assurance to continue my life with courage and faith. I can't tell the future, but i know i would be safe if i follow closely the God who knows my future.

And i was enlightened, again.


11/01/2010
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Mun and Bert! :)
Continue to grow in Jesus Christ and shine for Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment