Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Growing pains

Few days ago, i was upset seeing the way teenagers handled an activity. I wondered when they would grow up. I wondered when they would be independent on their own. I was puzzled why they were still so naive, so immature...

until i read a comment...

"We don't want to grow up."

It shocked me. It stirred me.

All this while, we kept thinking that growing up was good for them, we kept thinking that they didn't know about life, we kept thinking that they didn't know what responsibility is... Not knowing they actually didn't want it to happen too!

They didn't want to grow up.

They don't want to leave their safety zone yet because the future is unpredictable and they're afraid. They knew the responsibility that one day will be added on to their shoulders. They knew about life, they knew growing up isn't something enjoyable and easy.


I guess
we shouldn't simply judge them
when we actually feel
the same too.


2 comments: