I went out with Amy tonight and managed to catch up with each others' life. Studies, spiritual life, friendship, guys, career... It feels good to talk about these stuff after so long! She saved me from my unhealthy social life! I was always the one who was busy all the time and had to turn down many hang-outs. But tonight i made myself available cuz i need to socialize. Seriously, i'm living such an unhealthy social life. Hanging out is good cuz it's like a break for me to pause and reflect on the things happened along the way. :)
Finally i had my Bonsai! This is just so cool and cute. :)
Well, tonight, we talked about spiritual life. I gotta admit it's really getting a downhill lately. I tried very hard to reconnect but i kept finding myself going lower and lower. Take for instance, today - Good Friday - it somehow just feels different, it's just like any normal day. Father God, i must have hurt You badly. I tried to continue my daily devotion but it didn't work. I think i need someone, a spiritual partner, to help me out especially in growing strong in faith. I wish for someone whom i could do daily devotion with, someone whom i could share all my experience with God. Someone to discuss Christianity and faith in Christ. Someone to sustain me when i feel like falling off the track and slacking off. And when he/she needs support and motivation, i will try my best to help, or we will both help to get him/her back on track. In this kind of sharing and supporting each other, i believe our faith in Christ will strengthen. But who can be my spiritual partner?
Guys. I felt like as I grow in age, many of my principles for love loose with time. I used to have a long list of criteria for my perfect Mr Right, but now, there're only a few principles left. =/ Few months ago, i felt a strong urge to find someone and settle down. Kinda tired of being 'too free'. I wished that i could just change my status to 'in a relationship' so that i could stop the bees for pursuing after me and not to break more hearts. However, i think God says it is still not the time yet. And this is good - it gives me more time to pray over it and prepare myself to be a better woman for the man He has prepared for me. And this time, i wanna do it RIGHT with God from the start. :)
Career. Basically, i'm okay with it now. In fact, i think i'm falling in love with it! How amazing! I think my mom was really right - we really can learn to love what we do. :) I'll be going off for my very first practicum in April (which is next week!) and i am anticipating it. Somehow i just feel so positive about it and i feel like something good is going to happen!
This was an activity which i tried out with my lil tuition girl.
(Note: We have read the story prior to this for a few times to get her really familiar with the story, and of course, understand the story.)
1. I drew and cut out the template for her to colour.
2. We made the stick puppets together.
3. We read through the story together using the stick puppets made.
4. She retold the story using the puppets made, without referring to the book.
It was a total success! She enjoyed making the stick puppets, reading the story, and retelling the story!
Church.
Today, i joined Fiona, her mom and sister to Trinity Methodist Church for a change. I've been considering switching to a new church, if possible for one which offers English service. It was not too bad, will try to go for a few times and see how it is.
I need some sports!
Holidays have been filled with lots of eating, relaxing... i need to sweat. I need to train myself to be better in tennis! Speaking of tennis, yesterday, i was supposed to meet up a new friend for tennis. Unfortunately he had an accident and he was badly injured. I was hoping to meet this person face to face and get to know him better, but looks like it's saved for the other time. :)
Two more days of holidays. :(


No comments:
Post a Comment