Holidays! Who wouldn't love holidays? I do love holidays, especially holidays that come right after the hectic and packed lecture days. That will be the perfect break I need to chill, enjoy, relax and to recharge. I planned for a very adventurous holiday, with lots of challenging outdoor activities, meet ups and sports. However, my first two weeks of holidays were quite the opposite of what I have planned. I didn't have much of adventures (well, except for riding on a big bike!).
First week, I was the workaholic who worked day and night! I gave tuition every morning and sometimes in the afternoon or at night. I was like the most hardworking (or the craziest) teacher who works during holidays just to make more money. So, my first week was all about working!
Second week, I was off from working as the little girl went to Singapore for family vacation. Yay, I got to rest, at least. However, it was really boring as I had nothing very fun to do, no one to go out with. It's really sad when you were free and everyone else was busy or not available. So, to kill the boredom, I spent most of my time reading during the day and I went for tennis trainings in the evenings. I thought second week was quite okay as it's well balanced with the sport I love. Reading kept me occupied during the day. I have read two novels so far in these two weeks! I really enjoyed the stories. Well, undeniably, reading is therapeutic, and is extremely good for the mind and soul!
![]() |
| Some books are simply magical. |
Thankfully, there were also a few events happened in these two weeks which perked up my holidays - at least, it's not that boring! First, I finally gave bowling a try! However, I broke my thumb nail!! Ouch! Still, I managed to get the second highest score (not because of beginner's luck)! Bowling was actually fun. Second, hang outs! It was good to finally hang out with close friends. Third, I met a new friend and we hung out a few times, and he's a very interesting person. My first impression of him: he has a very professional demeanour, he is a very knowledgeable, charismatic and successful man with a well established career. I met him during the ELT Conference in May. At first, I was really tensed when meeting him. After going out with him for a few times, I find him a very warm and fun person to hang out with. He took me on his big bike when we went out. It was my first time on a big bike! COOL! It was rather scary at first but I found it really cool and I enjoyed the attention from other road users when we were vrooming on the road. We went for "The Nyonya" play, breakfast, reading at Bing!, and jogging. Yeah, thanks for saving me from boredom! :)
These few days, I have been indulging in good foods with my close friends as they are back and free to hang out. Good foods and friendship are certainly a perfect combination! It feels really good to finally have some quality time spent together with friends, and catching up on each other's life.
![]() |
| Chilling at Bing! |
I had a great time at Bing! tonight with Ruby. We talked about all the wonderful, fun and crazy things we did while we were in secondary school. Those were the best time in life. Aaaah, reminiscing the good old times! I had forgotten I actually wrote the lyrics of a song for her to compose until she reminded me of that. We should really do more next time. Well, when the muse strikes me, i would definitely write something. Then we also talked about relationships, future career, dreams, faith... I really enjoy hang outs, I see it as a kind of reflection of life and it helps me to pause and look back at how far i have come, and what it is that i want to achieve in the present and future. It gives me a clearer picture of what I already have in my life, and what i want in my life. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment