Yes, it's just another day in the holidays, but it's really a well spent day! I feel like I've accomplished so much today.
I started the day with a morning date with my love. It's been raining in the evenings so I thought mornings would be a better time of the day to maintain the intimacy level between my love and I. ♥ The weather was just perfect this morning, not too hot. Even though I did my warming up this morning before playing, my shoulder still hurt when I play. This is bad, I can't afford to skip my trainings now, the tournament is in two weeks!
After a satisfying morning exercise, I pampered myself with a facial mask. Yeah, I read somewhere that we should first learn to love ourselves before we could love others. We often pay too much attention on others instead of ourselves. After lunch, I dated myself out. Agnes and I went hunting for gifts for Father's Day. I wanted to get my Superhero something; it's been a long time since I last bought or gave my dad something. Also, I wanted to get some good quality cotton socks for Gracie.
Shopping is never a problem for me. It's something I enjoy doing! The shopping mall was rather empty today and it made me feel like I was really alone in there. It has been quite a while since I last shopped for men's gifts. I bought my dad a collared shirt as he always wears one. However, it's really a shame because I think I've bought the shirt one size bigger. I didn't even know what size of the shirt my dad should be wearing! I hope it's not too big for him. Besides the shirt, I also bought him 3 pairs of new socks for working. I saw many really beautiful dresses. They are to die for! I had my purse kept tightly and safely in my bag and resisted the temptation of buying any new dress. But they are to die for! I need to start saving money and controlling my expenditure wisely. They are really to die for!
![]() |
| Enjoying my marking. |
I spent my the rest of my evening marking my students' essays and preparing for the tuition class after talking to mom. She was a little unhappy that I bought milk tea again. Yes, mom, i know. It's just a once-in-a-while's indulgence, I promise. :)
As a tuition teacher, I really want my students to learn more than what school can offer and most importantly, to improve. I feel the pressure in carrying out this responsibility because I'm paid by the parents to help teach and guide their children. Of course, apart from that, I want them to make the best of this opportunity - to have someone (although not a very qualified person) to help them in learning. I didn't attend any English tuition classes back then so I always think that attending tuition classes is something extra, a support in learning. Therefore, I don't want them to waste it and I really hope at least I could help them ease the struggles in learning English. I really hope I'm doing enough and that I'm doing it the right way.
![]() |
| Making notes of the mistakes students made in their essays. |
So this is what I have tried out. While marking, I would jot down the mistakes they made. Apart from that, I also included some good examples of the sentence structures I found in their essays. Before the tuition class started, I conducted a "Post Mortem" where everyone would look at these problems together. I told them it didn't matter who made the mistakes; the important thing is, we all learn together from each other's mistakes and avoid them in our writing. By doing so, everyone is learning more than their own mistakes. This is indeed a more effective way! I'm planning to adopt this method and I'm really looking forward to see incredibly positive changes slowly taking place! Awesome idea from an experienced friend!
![]() |
| FINALLY!!! |
Yes! FINALLY! This student submitted his weekly journal! I really appreciate his effort even though it is just a paragraph. I see it as a big step forward - a great start! Looks like my constant reminders worked! "Did you write your weekly journal" and "Remember to write your weekly journal"... I have been saying those to him everytime he came for tuition class, and even in church! My persistence paid off! I won't ask for too much for now, one paragraph a week would be a good start for him. I made it a point of writing weekly journal (It can be about anything, and yes i mean anything!) for all of them because I want this to be their habit. When writing becomes a habit, the ideas will flow easily and smoothly. Once writing has become their habit, next I would like to inculcate the love for reading. I realized that they don't read much. Or is it the younger generation nowadays don't read that much anymore?
After the tuition class, I had my supper! My aunt is staying over here tonight so we had supper! Food, glorious food!!! Yeah, so much of exercising and keeping an ideal weight when I just love eating so much. *guilt seeps in* Well, I would need to do some light exercise after this! Tomorrow, I have to go to the General Hospital for my check up and to collect my blood test result. Need to hit the sack soon!
"Out of sight, out of mind".... Is it true?
Anyway...
Thank You, Father God, for a wonderful day!
Hoping tomorrow will be another good day!



No comments:
Post a Comment