Monday, April 1, 2013

Hello April!

April is here! 

Today, i was supposed to go report at the school even knowing it's holiday today. Fiona and I just wanted to try if the school was open and perhaps take a glimpse of the school so we will be more mentally prepared for our practicum. However, the school was locked. So we continued our plan to grab our breakfast and then to Popular to spend her RM250 1Malaysia voucher. We spent a long time there, practically flipping through every English books on the shelf! We picked books published in Singapore because the English standard is really good. I personally support Singapore-published books and i've been using them since young and even using them for my English tuition. The only thing is that teachers/parents need to explain or adapt the content as some of the books are mostly based on Singapore's context. They are really good materials to raise the English standard. I couldn't resist myself to buy more books. Good books are worth to buy and keep!

By the time we're done with buying books, it was already noon. I didn't want to go back home that soon. Fiona didn't mind accompanying me as we had nothing to do, there's nothing we can prepare for practicum. Plus, the first week is basically just to get to know the school community and surrounding and perhaps carry out some observations. So...a crazy (very very crazy) plan popped into my head - "Malls-Hopping"! From Boulevard, we went to The Spring, then to CityOne... Goodness! We really had nothing better to do! In the end, we were both dead tired. Yes, window shopping can be very very draining! Well, at least we will hit the sack early tonight and have sufficient energy for tomorrow!

There's a boutique in CityOne called "Moonriver", the dresses are all from Singapore and they are really gorgeous and of good quality! The sad thing is they are super expensive! One dress costs around RM199! However, there's a promotion now : RM80 rebate if one purchases two dresses. 

RM199 + RM199 - RM80 = RM318

RM318 for two dresses! I really love the dresses but I don't think i could afford it. :( I have to work for 16 hours to buy two dresses! :( :( :(

By the way, i just found out that this April will be a totally TEACHING month for me! English tuition has resumed, and i would give lil' Vanessa tuition for at least twice a week, not forgetting i have to teach during my practicum. To add on to those, i have to tell stories for Sunday School and it's my turn to teach the upper primary class in Sunday School. Wow wow wow! Well, i really pray that God grant me enough wisdom to manage my time and to teach. :) It's His children i'm serving, and i want to give my very best. 

I wonder what will happen in these four weeks.
I wonder what big or small change i would make in those little hearts.
I wonder...

Dear Father in Heaven, 
Thank You for the chance to touch more hearts by serving You as i teach.
Grant me wisdom, passion, and a heart to teach and change lives.
Guide me, and lead me. Teach me to be humble.
I know wonderful things are going to happen in these four weeks.
I commit every pupils i am going to interact with, the school community and the whole practicum in Your mighty hands.
Thank You, God!
In Jesus's name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment